A bold mix of flavors, savory with a touch of sweetness, these Everything Bagel Cashews will be your new favorite snack!
Everything but the bagel seasoning has been all the rage for the last few years. I started using it when Trader Joes released it. It was so popular that they couldn’t keep it on the shelves! So we put it on everything from scrambled eggs to cream cheese with bacon. One thing I have yet to try is putting it on nuts. So I put it on cashews to create an everything bagel cashews recipe, and oh boy, you are in for a treat. They’re so easy to make!
What is Everything Bagel Seasoning?
Everything Bagel seasoning is a delicious mix of familiar ingredients that tastes just like an everything bagel. The seasoning is made up of sesame seeds, poppy seeds, minced onion, minced garlic, and salt. All blended to create a fragrant seasoning that enhances the flavor of many dishes. You can sprinkle it on low-carb bagels, roast vegetables with it, or even use it as a dip seasoning, which I highly recommend!
Ingredients and Substitutions
Whole Cashews – This recipe is made with cashews, but you can substitute a variety of nuts. Almonds, peanuts, pecans or mixed nuts would all be great options! Make sure to use unsalted nuts because the seasoning is salty.
Avocado oil – Olive oil will work as well.
Everything bagel seasoning – You can use store-bought or homemade seasoning. Most grocery stores now carry this popular seasoning.
Brown sugar substitute – Adds a slight sweetness to the savory flavor of the nuts. I recommend the brown sugar substitute because of its depth of flavor. However, you can easily leave the sweetener out of the recipe.
How to Make Everything Bagel Cashews
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Put all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Stir to coat the cashews in the oil and seasonings.
Spread the cashews in an even layer on the sheet pan. Bake the cashews in the oven, stirring every 10 minutes, for 20-25 minutes. Keep a close eye on them, not to burn. They’ll be golden brown. Allow them to cool completely before serving.
Here are a few more ways to make the most use of this Everything Bagel Cashews Recipe:
- Low Carb Charcuterie Board – Add a touch of uniqueness to your charcuterie board by adding Everything Bagel Cashews alongside an assortment of meats, cheeses, and berries. The savory and nutty flavor of the cashews pairs wonderfully with the other elements of the board.
- Salad Topping – Sprinkle a handful of Everything Bagel Cashews on your favorite salad to add a crunch. They make a great alternative to croutons!
- Trail Mix – Combine Everything Bagel Cashews with other nuts, seeds, and unsweetened coconut to create a customized trail mix. It’s a perfect snack for outdoor adventures or an on-the-go travel snack!
To maintain the freshness and flavor of your Everything Bagel Cashews, follow these storage instructions:
- Transfer the cashews to an airtight container, such as a zip lock bag or a glass jar with a lid.
- Store the cashews in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight and sources of heat—ideally, a pantry or cupboard for storage.
- While it is not necessary, refrigerating your Everything Bagel Cashews in an airtight container can help prolong their shelf life.
If you love down-home southern cooking, Check out my Southern Keto cookbooks! I’ve written 3 cookbooks, and each book has over 100 recipes in it. As always, they use easy-to-find ingredients.
Everything Bagel Cashews Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the cashews, oil, seasoning and brown sugar substitute in a large mixing bowl. Stir until the cashews are completely coated.
- Spread the cashews evenly on the baking sheet. Bake, stirring every 10 minutes, until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Let cool on the pan before serving. The flavors will develop more as the cashews cool.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is included as a courtesy and is calculated to the best of my ability, using my preferred brands. I recommend calculation your own macros, as they can widely vary depending on the brands of ingredients you use.
Author: Natasha Newton (Natasha's Southern Flavor)
Natasha is the founder of Natasha’s Southern Flavor. She has a passion for sharing delicious family friendly low-carb recipes that are easy to make and use readily accessible ingredients. Natasha has published three bestselling cookbooks. Her books and recipes have been featured by CNET, Delish, Mindbodygreen, Parade and Women’s Health. She enjoys traveling and spending time with her husband, two adult children, and three furbabies.
Read more about Natasha here.