Keto Copycat Costco Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie
This post may contain affiliate links.
Here’s a low-carb version of the wildly popular 5-pound Costco Peanut butter pie! It features a honey graham crust, peanut butter pie filling, and a velvety chocolate mousse topping. This pie is a must-try!
TikTok is fueling the trend for this massively sought after, 5-pound Costco Peanut Butter Chocolate pie! Costco stores have struggled to keep it in stock. The pie consists of three layers. The first is a graham cracker crust, followed by a peanut butter pie filling, and finally, a layer of mousse. A piped layer of the peanut butter filling gives it a decorative touch.
As someone who loves creating low-carb versions of my favorite recipes, my wheels immediately started turning when I saw Costco’s peanut butter chocolate pie. I happened to already have low-carb versions of all three pie layers! I’m a huge fan of anything with chocolate and peanut butter, and I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to make a Keto Copycat Costco Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie for all of you. Those following a low-carb lifestyle like to try the trends too!
Why you’ll love this recipe
Here are some reasons why you’ll love this low carb peanut butter chocolate pie:
- It’s low-carb and keto-friendly – This is easily achieved by substituting the crust and sweeteners with low-carb alternatives and sugar-free chocolate chips.
- Easy to make: The recipe has several straightforward steps and uses easily accessible ingredients. A lot of them are keto pantry staples.
- It’s perfect for any occasion: Whether celebrating a special occasion or just looking for a sweet treat, this pie is a great choice everyone will love.
- It’s rich and decadent: With a keto honey graham crust, peanut butter pie filling, and a chocolate mousse topping; this pie is a heavenly combination of flavors and textures that will satisfy your craving for chocolate peanut butter desserts.
- It’s customizable: You can tweak this recipe to suit your preferences by adding more or less sweetener, adjusting the amount of peanut butter filling, or swapping the chocolate mousse for a different topping. It’s very rich, so I don’t think you’ll want to add more sweetener!
Ingredients & Substitutions
You need a 9 or 10-inch deep dish pie plate to prepare this Keto Copycat Costco Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie. While it’s not required, I highly suggest using a piping bag and star tip to add a beautiful finishing touch.
The first layer is a graham cracker crust. The recipe for my crust is here: Keto Honey Graham Pie Crust
Peanut butter pie filling:
- Cream cheese
- Peanut butter
- Heavy cream
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips – Use whatever sugar-free chocolate chips you like. I opted for semi-sweet.
- Heavy Cream and Vanilla are the ingredients for making homemade whipped cream.
How to make peanut butter chocolate pie
Although this pie requires multiple steps, the result is definitely worth the extra effort!
Make the honey graham crust and allow it cool.
Make the peanut butter pie filling:
Use a stand mixer to beat the cream cheese and sweetener until fluffy. Mix in the peanut butter until smooth.
Use a mixer to beat the cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture until combined.
Save 1 cup of the peanut butter filling for the top of the pie. Spread the rest of the filling into the prepared pie crust. Refrigerate this layer for one hour.
Make the chocolate mousse layer:
In a medium-sized bowl, place the chocolate chips. Bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan on low heat. Pour it over the chocolate chips and let it sit for a few minutes until the chocolate melts. Whisk the mixture until it becomes smooth, then let it cool completely.
To prepare the whipped cream, pour the cream and vanilla into a medium mixing bowl. Use a mixer on medium speed to whip the mixture until stiff peaks form. Once done, transfer the whipped cream into the refrigerator to chill while waiting for the chocolate to cool.
Use a silicone spatula to mix whipped cream and melted chocolate. Fold it gently until fully incorporated. Avoid overmixing.
Assemble the pie:
Spread the mousse layer evenly across the peanut butter layer.
Using a piping bag fitted with a star tip, transfer the leftover peanut butter filling and pipe it around the border of the pie.
To set the filling, refrigerate uncovered. For best results, cover the pie and refrigerate it for at least 4 hours before serving. Chilling it overnight is even better!
- Follow the instructions closely, and chill the layers properly, as recommended in the recipe. Patience will pay off!
- Chill the pie in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld and the pie to set correctly. Chill the pie overnight for an even better taste!
- To achieve clean and smooth slices while cutting a pie, use a sharp knife and dip it into hot water after every slice.
Keto Copycat Costco Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie can be wrapped tightly and stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. After that, it can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to two months. To thaw allow it to thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Variations and toppings
Crustless – You could easily make a delicious crustless dessert version of this pie and save quite a few carbs! Just place the peanut butter filling and chocolate mousse layers in a dessert dish. Still follow the chilling instructions for each layer.
Nut Butter – While this recipe calls for peanut butter, you can substitute it with other nut kinds like almond, cashew, or even sunflower seed butter to switch up the flavor profile.
Whipped Cream – Top the pie slices with a dollop of homemade or sugar-free whipped topping for added creaminess.
Crushed Nuts – Sprinkle crushed nuts such as peanuts, almonds, or pecans over the top of the pie for some added crunch and nutty flavor.
Fresh Berries – Top the pie with fresh berries like strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries. This will add a pop of color to the rich and creamy pie.
Peanut butter cups – Add chopped sugar-free peanut butter cups or another candy bar for even more peanut butter chocolate flavor.
Frequently asked questions
For the best flavor, this pie should be made ahead of time. It can be made and stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in advance.
Peanuts are technically a legume, but many who live a keto lifestyle include them in their diet in moderation. One ounce of peanuts contains approximately 4 grams of net carbs.
The Costco pie is huge! And can serve 12-16 people. On the other hand, this keto version of the famous peanut butter chocolate pie isn’t 5 pounds but is very rich, so it can easily serve 12 people.
More great low carb recipes:
If you love down-home southern cooking, Check out my Southern Keto cookbooks! I’ve written 3 cookbooks, and each book has over 100 recipes in it. As always, they use easy-to-find ingredients.
Keto Costco Copycat Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sweetener
- 1/2 cup unsweetened peanut butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Prepare the pie crust and allow it to cool.
Prepare the Peanut Butter filling
- Put the cream cheese and granular sweetener in a large mixing bowl. Use a stand or hand mixer on medium speed to beat until fluffy. With the mixer still on medium speed, mix in the peanut butter until smooth.
- Pour the cream and vanilla into a medium mixing bowl. Use the mixer on medium speed to whip until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Reserve 1 cup of the peanut butter filling for the top of the pie, and put it in the refrigerator until ready to use. Spread the rest of the peanut butter filling evenly into the prepared pie crust. Cover and refrigerate this layer for at least one hour.
Prepare the Chocolate Mousse
- Put the chocolate chips into a medium bowl. Bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan over low heat. Pour the cream over the chocolate chips. Allow to sit for a few minutes until the chocolate melts, then whisk until smooth. Allow it to completely cool.
- Pour the cream and vanilla into a medium mixing bowl. Use the mixer on medium speed to whip until stiff peaks form. Place the whipped cream in the refrigerator until the chocolate has cooled.
- Use a silicone spatula to fold the whipped cream into the melted chocolate. Gently lift and fold until the mousse is thoroughly combined. Be careful not to overmix.
Assemble the pie
- Evenly spread the mousse over top of the peanut butter layer.
- Place the remaining peanut butter filling in a piping bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe the filling a round the border of the pie.
- Refrigerate uncovered until the filling is set. Cover the pid and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Overnight is even better!
- The heavy cream can be heated in the microwave in 20-second increments for the mousse layer until simmering.
- This recipe has a lot of whipped cream in it. Homemade is best, but you can substitute Keto Truwhip or Cool Whip for the whipped cream. This will change the nutritional values.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is included as a courtesy and is calculated to the best of my ability, using my preferred brands. I recommend calculation your own macros, as they can widely vary depending on the brands of ingredients you use.
This is so delicious! Thanks for sharing this recipe.
I’m glad you enjoyed it! Thank you!
This recipe is DELICIOUS! My husband who is not eating Keri loved it! Thank you so much, please continue to create healthy recipes!
That made my day. Thanks so much for the feedback!