Indulge in the perfect blend of creamy and tangy flavors with decadent Keto Cranberry Walnut Baked Brie. This delightful appetizer combines brie cheese’s richness with cranberry sweetness and walnut crunch. It’s a low-carb treat that will impress your guests and keep you satisfied on your keto lifestyle.
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love this recipe
This keto cranberry walnut baked brie recipe is delicious and easy to make. You can create a beautiful and flavorful dish with a few simple steps. The creamy brie cheese provides a smooth and rich texture, while the tart cranberry sauce adds a delightful balance to the overall taste. The crunchy walnuts bring a satisfying crunch to every bite. Whether you’re hosting a holiday gathering or simply craving a decadent appetizer, this cranberry walnut baked brie is sure to be a hit!
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Walnuts – You may substitute your nut of choice. Pecans are a great option.
- 1 pound Wheel of Brie Cheese
- Sugar-Free Cranberry Sauce – Make homemade cranberry sauce or substitute your choice of sugar-free preserves.
- Fresh rosemary sprigs or your choice of herbs.
How To Make
Preheat your oven to 400°F. Toast walnuts in a skillet for 4 to 5 minutes until fragrant, then set aside. Score the Brie lightly, place it in a baking dish, and spread cranberry sauce on top, followed by the toasted walnuts. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the cheese begins to melt. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and serve immediately with Parmesan crisps or crackers.
- Serve the baked brie with keto-friendly almond or parmesan crisps. They provide a crunchy contrast to the creamy brie.
- Sliced cucumbers, bell peppers, or celery sticks are a refreshing and crunchy option.
- Create a charcuterie board with cranberry walnut baked brie as the centerpiece. Use cured meats like prosciutto, salami, or pepperoni. Add olives, pickles, and marinated artichoke hearts for a savory and tangy contrast.
Storage and Reheating
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, place the baked brie in a microwave-safe dish and microwave for 20-30 seconds until warm and melty.
- For a different flavor combo, try it with sugar-free strawberry or raspberry preserves.
- For added variety, experiment with different types of nuts, such as pistachios or hazelnuts.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can I use regular cranberry sauce instead of sugar-free?
A: Yes, you can use regular cranberry sauce if you’re not following a ketogenic diet, but keep in mind that it will increase the carb content of the dish.
Q: Can I use a different type of cheese?
A: Absolutely! While brie cheese is recommended for its creamy texture, you can try this recipe with camembert, goat cheese, or even cream cheese.
More Appetizer Recipes
Keto Cranberry Walnut Baked Brie
- 16 ounces Brie Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce
- 1/2 cup Raw Chopped Walnuts
- Fresh Rosemary Springs For Garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Place the walnuts in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Toast, stirring often, for 4 to 5 minutes, until they become fragrant. Remove the nuts from the pan and set aside.
- Place the Brie in a small baking dish. Use a sharp knife to score the rind, being careful not to cut too deep.
- Spread the cranberry sauce over the top of the Brie and sprinkle evenly with the toasted walnuts. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the cheese starts to melt. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and serve immediately.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is included as a courtesy and is calculated to the best of my ability, using my preferred brands. I recommend calculation your own macros, as they can widely vary depending on the brands of ingredients you use.
Author: Natasha Newton (Natasha's Southern Flavor)
Natasha is the founder of Natasha’s Southern Flavor. She has a passion for sharing delicious family friendly low-carb recipes that are easy to make and use readily accessible ingredients. Natasha has published three bestselling cookbooks. Her books and recipes have been featured by CNET, Delish, Mindbodygreen, Parade and Women’s Health. She enjoys traveling and spending time with her husband, two adult children, and three furbabies.
Read more about Natasha here.